Calvary regathers for worship
In accordance with the current orders in effect in North Carolina, as well as federal guidelines, Calvary Church continues to support the ongoing efforts to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. The health and safety of the Calvary family and our broader community are priorities. We seek to make wise decisions and be loving neighbors and exemplary citizens.
COVID–19 UPDATE OVERVIEW
We praise God for the vibrant ministry of Calvary Church during this unprecedented time —
- REGATHERING for Worship in the Sanctuary — Calvary now worships at 8:30 and 11:00 AM in the Sanctuary with social distancing and safety measures in place.
Our Host Team volunteers and staff wear face masks, and we ask that all attendees wear masks as well. Get full details about what to expect with our Regathering Checklist.
- Children's Ministry (including Nursery) will NOT be provided during the worship services. Families should plan to sit together during the service.
- Balcony Family Section at 11:00 AM — For families with young children, seating is available in the 1st balcony. Parents may step out into landing area to care for littlest ones as needed and watch the service on the video monitor there.
- LIVESTREAM WORSHIP — Calvary will continue the Livestream of our Sunday worship services, and we understand if you are not yet ready to join us in person! Please feel free to worship with us at live.calvarychurch.com or on Calvary Facebook.
- ZOOM GROUPS & VIRTUAL PROGRAMS — Most Adult Life Groups will meet via Zoom on Sundays at 6:00 PM. The Young Adult ALG will meet on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM via Zoom.
We will continue to use Zoom, Livestream, Facebook Live, and YouTube events for most ministry programs at this time. We tentatively plan to resume on-campus programs incrementally in the fall for our Children's Ministry, Student Ministry, ALGs, and other ministries.
- CAMPUS & OFFICES — Our church offices are open to staff only from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday–Friday. Staff will work in the office and/or at home on staggered schedules to promote social distancing and safe office capacity.
- CALVARY CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER — The CCDC Daycare program reopened on August 4. The Preschool program will begin on September 15 for the new school year. Welcome back families and staff!
- GIVING — Thank you for continuing to give generously online or by mail: Calvary Church, 5801 Pineville-Matthews Road, Charlotte, NC 28226. Offering baskets will be available as you enter and exit Sanctuary services.
- COMMUNICATION — Looking Up, our weekly newsletter, goes out via email every Friday. And we have more videos and special ministry content than ever on our social media channels — so join us and stay connected!
- TEXT TO CONNECT — New to Calvary? We'd love to connect. Please text NEW to 704 543 1200 to begin to connect at Calvary. Welcome!
Please continue to be in prayer for this developing situation through Phase 2 and 3 in our city and state and for all who are impacted by the coronavirus. We are thankful for the Lord's continuing protection and provision!
“My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” — John 14:27