“Pursuing the Heart of Your Spouse”
Friday, March 6 at 6–9PM
At Calvary, we want families of all kinds to know and share the love of Jesus Christ. We strive to equip and encourage parents to build strong Christ-centered homes, sharing the love of God, the truth of the Gospel, and a life of faith with the next generation.
Join us for opportunities to support and strengthen relationships, marriages, and families at all stages of life!
Family Transitions: These sessions are designed to help you teach and guide your children through different stages in life. It's practical insight with a strong biblical foundation!
Family Milestones: Celebrate life's moments of commitment — find out more about weddings, child dedication, and baptism here.
Calvary Marriage Conference
Friday, March 6, 6:00–9:00 PM
Marriage isn’t just a happy ending. It’s the beginning of a lifelong pursuit of growing together in oneness. It’s a journey on which you get to know your spouse more deeply and grow more in love. This is a love that you commit to, enjoying intimacy together within a Christ-centered partnership rooted in God's Word that beautifully mirrors Christ and the Church.
What is the secret to achieving this lifelong love? How do you continuously pursue the heart of your spouse on this journey?
Join us for “Pursuing the Heart of Your Spouse," a marriage conference hosted by Calvary Family Ministry. Senior Pastor John Munro will deliver the keynote message, and we’ll enjoy two breakout sessions. Don’t miss this special event!
Cost: $20 per couple including dinner, childcare to 5th grade, and materials if registered before February 21
Sunday, March 15 at 11:15 AM
For Parents of eighth graders
Sunday, March 15
11:15 AM–12:15 PM, CLC 1101–1102
Our next Family Transitions class is for parents of eighth graders.
As your child prepares to move into high school, come learn what to expect in Calvary’s high school ministry. We will equip you with biblical principles and help you plan a weekend get-away with your child to guide him/her into this next phase.
Family Transitions is a free ongoing learning series at Calvary for parents on Sunday mornings, offering practical insights and discussion with a biblical foundation as you guide your child through key ages and stages.
2020 Family Transitions Classes
- January 26 – Parents of children dedicated in 2019
- February 16 – Parents of high school seniors
- March 15 – Parents of 8th graders
- April 19 – Parents of 5th graders
- May 24 – Parents of 3rd graders
- June 14 – Parents of 2nd graders
- September 27 – Parents of 1st graders
- November 8 – Parents of 2-year-olds
- December 1 – Parents of 4th graders
"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.." — Psalm 127:3–5
Estate Design Seminars
Tuesday, March 24
2:00 & 7:00 PMEstate Design Seminars
Tuesday, March 24
2:00 & 7:00 PM, Banquet Room"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." — 2 Corinthians 4:18When preparing financial plans, it is important to consider both the current and eternal perspectives. Our seminars are focused on future planning and key components of estate design in light of God's Word. In addition to addressing typical concerns, you will be invited to ask yourself — what would the Lord have me do? Objectives include:
- Strengthening — not straining — family relationships
- Taking an all-encompassing approach
- Care & guardianship of minor children
- Avoiding negative impacts on beneficiaries
- Tax considerations
- Achieving the greatest Kingdom impact
There is NO cost for the seminar, and the process is absolutely confidential. You’ll benefit no matter your stage of life—whether you’re starting a family or reviewing plans as an empty-nester. Either update your current will and estate plans or get started now.
Choose the 2:00 PM or 7:00 PM session.
Family Night Challenge
Begin a regular Family Night!
Calvary highly recommends that every family designate one night a week for Family Night. Life is busy, and if we don’t plan to spend time together and enjoy each other, our most important relationships can be neglected.
Planning one night each week is valuable for the time and interaction itself. It also helps us refocus on those important relationships. It takes work to block out the same night every week. No doubt, an exception may have to be made from time to time, but you show your priorities when you are able to make it happen consistently. We find that most families really look forward to Family Night!
So, what is Family Night? We suggest that you choose a consistent night each week and plan to include these elements:
- Dinner — Have a fun dinner together! Let the kids contribute their ideas about favorite foods for the menu.
- Clean up — After dinner, clean the kitchen together. You’re a team, and everyone can contribute to the job!
- Devotions — Have a family devotional. Read Scripture together and discuss its meaning. Pray together and for each other. And if you are really adventurous, sing a favorite chorus or hymn.
- Fun — Participate in some kind of fun activity. It could be a board game. If your kids like to make crafts or build things, go that direction. The point is to enjoy each other and laugh together. Relationships are vital in leading your children. Laughter and fun deepen these relationships!
- Dessert — Eat dessert! You can work together to make a fruit salad, chocolate chip cookies, or whatever treat your family enjoys.
You have accomplished a number of important things when you become intentional with Family Night:
- You spend time together building relationships and staying connected.
- You instruct your kids with God’s Word.
- You pray — thanking God for His goodness and asking for His guidance and provision.
- You build heart connections by sharing and laughing together.
- On a weekly basis, you put in place some important experiences that drive the rest of the week. And really the rest of your parenting!
Calvary provides several resources that can help with your devotional time. Some great conversations can come out of what you are leading your kids to learn!
- Sunday Spotlight — a summary of the Children's Ministry Sunday lesson for all ages
- Family Connection — the Bible lesson for Middle School Sunday life groups
- We Believe — the catechism project for kids & families (grades 3–5)
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." — Deuteronomy 6:5–7
Catechism for Kids & Families
We Believe: Catechism for Calvary Kids & Families is based on our 16 Articles of Faith and provides questions and answers to learn the key biblical truths we believe. New in 2019, this is an annual summer program for families with children currently completing grades 3–5.
Congratulations to our 2019 We Believe program graduates! Children who completed the catechism were recognized during a celebration luncheon on Sunday, September 8.
Interested in learning more about the program or want to get an early start for 2020? Click on the covers below to browse or download the digital versions of the Student Handbook and the Parent Handbook.
Print handbooks are available! Please contact Sandy O'Donovan for free copies.